1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy mods?

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Nublit, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Nublit

Nublit Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2004 Daihatsu Copen (Manual)
    I found this on a German Daihatsu forum at one point. It's a list of what wheels people are running with what tires, if it rubs and if you can go full lock to lock. It is in German but google translate works good on it.

Attached Files:

2. Roy Copen

Roy Copen Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen Pearl
    Thanks a lot for this link !!!!! It's very helpfull !

3. Nublit

Nublit Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    No problemo. I'll keep this thread updated as I find anything to add.

4. Muhammed Ali

Muhammed Ali Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen, 2007, red
    Hello, I am looking for a 2007 Daihatsu Copen, rear spoiler urgently. I live in South Africa, and I am having difficulty finding one. Can someone please assist me in locating a good used one
    Thank You

5. Nublit

Nublit Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    I have no idea. I've been looking too but the only ones I've found so far are from Japan.

6. Nublit

Nublit Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    So I've got the coilovers, bov and intake installed. I didn't get to get the respray done as my painter caught covid but we'll get that done at the end of this month instead.

There's a little sound clip of it all in action.

7. Roy Copen

Car(s):
    Copen Pearl

8. Brian S

Brian S Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Dec 2003 659cc silver Copen. Boost controller, cold air, 2" exhaust, underglow etc.,
    My bike is a 2016 Suzuki Maxi with Malossi Variator, straight through exhaust etc.
    Yes, I'm going to go 185/50s on my stock wheels next time.
    Copen's are VERY sensitive when it comes to aspect ratios so it's a bit fingers crossed. Eg. 175/55s do NOT improve ride, they just ruin the handling. Ask me how I know... :)
    Whoever goes first should let everyone know how the 185/50s feel after a few kms.

9. Roy Copen

Car(s):
    Copen Pearl
    I've bought a set of Nankang NS2 (165/50 15) for my stock rims, they're better then excpected.

And for my new Advan Racing RZ2 rims, they'll be wrapped with a set of Nankang NS2R (semi-slicks), 165/50 15 also.

Both to keep the OEM ratio.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  10. Dave Sheen

Dave Sheen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen.7 Peugeot 308 estate
    Sorry about this new to the site , how do you start a post?

11. Roy Copen

Car(s):
    Copen Pearl
    Go to the main page, choose the category you want. On the right top, you'll see a red window "start a new thread".
    Click on it and...done ;-)

Dave Sheen likes this.
  12. Nublit

Nublit Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Hi guys.
    Has anyone looked into getting a D-SPORT ECU?
    スポーツECU
    I'm sure it will just be plug and play (as well as doing spark plugs), but my only concern is that it says it requires "high octane" fuel. I can't find any specifics as to octane is "high octane" to them. They also don't have an email I can send an email to.

Let me know if any of you guys have any insight.
    Thanks a mil.

13. Nublit

Nublit Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    I got a reply direct from D-SPORT on a YouTube vid they posted. They 100% confirmed that it wouldn't work with EU spec Copens. Looks like if I want to up power or anything I'd have to go for something like a custom remap.

Time to research.

14. Nublit

Nublit Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Hi all,
    I found another website to find parts from.
    Search: 10 results found for "l880k"
    They have all kinds of aftermarket parts.

Also does anyone know how to adjust camber in the rear? I'm looking to run a wider tire eventually and I'd have to get a degree or negative camber to allow for the tread to stay under the arches.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  15. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    because the rear is non independent torsion beam, there is no camber adjustment, however there is something called a camber plate/shim which is a wedge shaped piece that bolts to the hub to give your wheel camber.
    [​IMG]
    I haven't found any specific for the Copen yet.
    Not sure how safe something like this is though. Personally I don't like the look of this so much.

16. Nublit

Nublit Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    That does look a little unsettling to me too. I'll keep looking. Hopefully I can find something interesting. If I do I'll put it up here as well.

17. Nublit

Nublit Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    AFR0N1 likes this.
  18. Nublit

Nublit Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    K-Takeoff Magic Tank install has been successful. After fiddling around with it for a while I never managed to hit a boost cut. I maxed it out at 3 turns on the knob (as said in the manual even though it can turn further). It seems there's a lot more overhead in the UK car's tuning because from what I've read on Japanese forums I've translated say they only get 1.5 turns out of it before hitting boost cut.

The manual says you can adjust between 0.1 to 0.2 bar of extra pressure, so looks like I'm at the higher end of that.

Definitely a big difference for drivability and fun.

19. Brian S

Car(s):
    Dec 2003 659cc silver Copen. Boost controller, cold air, 2" exhaust, underglow etc.,
    My bike is a 2016 Suzuki Maxi with Malossi Variator, straight through exhaust etc.
    Hi again Nublit, huge improvement, isn't it? As in it feels like a 1.1L inline 6 now!
    My Turbosmart manual boost controller is able to comfortably go to 14psi before the engine starts to run lean on the stock ECU.
    I installed a boost gauge & also added an upshift indicator on the dash so I can fiddle.

Basically, my tuners & I found the point where fuel starvation occurred, then wound it back until that no longer happened. Then another click [or 2] back to be conservative, good to go. Don't max your boost controller out to 'see what happens'. :) Make sure you test well into the redline to be sure, as running lean will kill your princess. We got 67-70kW on the dyno with my build. 'Muscle Copen'.

Next, you absolutely have to try the, easily reversible, 15min $0.60 "dump to atmo" delete for that massive blow-off noise. As the twin scroll is so tiny, there is no discernable performance trade-off. They just spool up again from ~2750rpm, so if you set daily upshift to 4k, you land back in turbo-land at 3k every shift, conserving the engine. Without the boost controller, that's not viable.

Keep us posted!
    Best regards, Brian

20. Brian S

Car(s):
    A
    That's one benefit of being essentially a JDM market here from day one.