1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picking him/her up next Saturday

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 007, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Old Badger

Old Badger Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    69 posts eh, Nedryerson! Nudge nudge wink wink :eek:;);)

2. Nedryerson

Nedryerson Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    0.66 Copen 2003
    Fiat 500
    Is there a prize for hitting 70 ? Oh, I just did !!

3. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    Fingers crossed more Copen owners just before Christmas:D:D:D

Got to be some kind of record 7 page thread for an intro lol

4. Old Badger

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    Let's go for the record folks! Longest ever intro thread! All contributions welcome! Including lousy jokes! :D:D:D

5. 007

007 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3..getting it next saturday
    The longest ever introduction and I still dont even have a car!
    I think they sold it to someone else! They didnt send picures or respond to my text yesterday and the advert states that the car is no longer available :(.
    If anyone sees another one could they pm me.

I loved your joke Old badger!

6. 007

007 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    I text the seller asking them to confirm if they had sold.the car so that I could a refund on my train ticket and they just.answered to.say they sold it an hour ago :(

7. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    gutted for you:(

8. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    It is probably for the best, everything sounded a bit dodgy! I am sure we will find you an even better car eventually :)

9. threepot

threepot Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, Hijet, Celica, and Yaris!
    Don't worry too much, I already have a nice fella thanx.

10. 007

007 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Thank you for your commiserations harimscodd, and your words of encouragement Claire x

Old Badger - I came across across a double entendre last week funnily enough

I applogise. The overwhelming grief made me write that.

Threepot - a copen and a fella! You lucky sod

11. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Wow! This is the best thread in AGES!! It stands as a brilliant example of what to look out for when selecting any car. 007 - you were sooo right not to bother with the one in Sunderland - I'm sure that I'm in common with other readers who broke into a cold sweat as we read about some 'bloke' who might be called Alex, who was a bit tardy with the information, who gave you the runaround with VIN plates, V5 docs and so on. Everyone was screaming "Walk Away!". As you yourself said, "Sounds too good to be true". There's some brill advice on this thread and certainly within the massive database of Copenworld and, as Nedryerson says, take your time. You know what you want, you know your budget, you're obviously prepared to travel, so don't give up hope. December is a good time to pick up a cheaper drop-top (oops, we'll have Badger in on that one again ;) ) and we'll all be keeping our eyes open for you.

So good luck, you'll defo get one, it'll be one that fits your name and you'll fall in love all over again! :D :D :D

12. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3

She'd have been ok.
    I'd have gone to look at the car and the paperwork before she travelled and then told her what I thought. If the car was ok and she did come up here to buy it I'd have met her at Millfield station and went with her while she checked out the car for herself.
    I probably wouldn't have joined the thread if Sunderland hadn't been mentioned and as the story unfolded I became a bit concerned about it all. That she was going to travel 300 miles to look at a car in a strange city when she has little knowledge of cars or the area she was travelling to. Not to mention a 300 mile drive home late Saturday afternoon in an unfamiliar car. I wouldn't be very happy about my daughter doing all that. Not that my daughter would take any notice of me mind. :D

13. Old Badger

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    There was a young man who fell madly, passionately in love with his small convertible sports car. He was scared that his girlfriend would never understand, that she would be jealous, that she would dump him. But he knew that he would have to tell her eventually. One day, after a romantic dinner, while they were sipping large cognacs, he finally summoned up the courage to tell her about his other passionate love, fully expecting her to fly into a jealous rage and dump him. But, to his surprise and delight she merely smiled, turned to him and said......'Don't worry about it darling, I'm very Copen-minded'. ;)

14. Old Badger

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    I'll get me coat..........:(

15. Redliz

Redliz Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    55 Red Vivid Copen 0.7, nissan micra
    Hi 007, have you tried looking on Autotrader for a Copen as there are currently advertising 27 for sale. I bought mine from a local dealer after seeing it advertised on Autotrader. Hope you get one soon as they are great fun to drive.

16. 007

007 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Sorry old badger. It was a good joke,. Do you have any other copen jokes

Hi redliz. Thanks for your input but im looking for a bargain 1.3. Most onautotrader are.7s or from dealers who add quite a premium to the sale price

17. Old Badger

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    Thanks 007! You really shouldn't encourage me.....:D

Hope you find car soon. This is a good time of year to be looking for a convertible. Best of luck! :)

18. 007

007 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Old Badger, having read many of your previous posts, you dont seem to need much encouragement, well, any encouragement to be fair. Thank you for your support :)

19. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen
    You'll get one. Just need patience. When I started looking I missed by only days a 1.3 at the right price and colour only 5 miles from my house. Gutted. Then took 6 long long weeks of searching the big 4 (eBay, auto trader, gumtree, pistonheads), with the same problems you are finding now before finally getting a 1.3 at the right price but 400 miles away!! A long train journey and longer drive home but it's done now. That was 2 years ago and I'm glad we waited.

20. Old Badger

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    Well I'm trying to come up with some more jokes but to be honest I'm not Copen very well........:-((