1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One week in...out of three!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tasman, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Tasman

Tasman Copenworld Member

IMG_0416.JPG IMG_0423.JPG IMG_0423.JPG IMG_0417.JPG IMG_0420.JPG IMG_0423.JPG IMG_0423.JPG IMG_0417.JPG IMG_0420.JPG She's back but haven't had a chance to get pics yet, took nearly 4 weeks! Like the way water seems repelled from everywhere sadly seem to have the boot leak now which I haven't had before, ho hum, something to fix Some more pics of the job

Your Majesty likes this.
  2. Tasman

Tasman Copenworld Member

IMG_0788.JPG IMG_0791.JPG IMG_0792.PNG IMG_0793.PNG Finished article, only stock so no surprises, pics don't really do the finish justice though and you can't see underneath!

Terriann and Your Majesty like this.
  3. Terriann

Terriann Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    daihatsu copen
  4. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    @Tasman
    Did they remove and refit the original seals or did you have to source new ones and other trim parts ?
    Did the rebuild eliminate any rattles by any chance ?
    I'm asking as I may drive mine up and get a quote. There are a few rust spots visible but it's all the stuff behind the panels that suddenly overwhelms the average DIYer.

I guess the other question is there something to do for a day while the check my car out or do I need a good book ?

5. Tasman

Tasman Copenworld Member

Hi BR,
    All seals were re-used, our car was pretty rattle free when it went in so no real change. Be aware that my original quote was quite a lot less than I ended up paying as the job progressed because the issues are hidden as you summise, all was discussed as we went along though. Stokesley is a quite decent market town with pubs, cafes etc but if you need dancing girls to occupy you for the duration you might be disappointed

6. Tasman

Tasman Copenworld Member

7. BarnsleyRob

Car(s):
    I might try and tie it in with a trip to Whitby. That way I can leave the car with them for a while.

Did they find the real problems as part of the waxoyl or the respray ? I definitely want mine waxoyled but depending on funds, I can make do with a touch up this year and possible do the respray next year.

8. Tasman

Tasman Copenworld Member

Waxoyl is the final procedure so everything else was complete by then, problems discovered at strip down, then welded, treated, stone-chipped, then respray, rebuild and finally the waxoyl. Have some fish 'n chips for me when you're up

9. BarnsleyRob

Car(s):
    I'd love to but she's had me on a diet for the past 4 weeks and there's still some way to go :banghead:
    Good job the Copen has wide doors :)