1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Copen plans.... It's going to be fun, and fast!

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Almichie, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Bemused

Bemused Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    My french is terrible, you just posted "magic tank"
    As it happens I have an interest in one but little knowlage, I started a new thread on the subject but it stalled.
    They look very diy'able but I'm not sure what the inside arrangement is regarding the perforations.
    My bad bad french was ment to say "hell what do you mean"

2. stonemanty

stonemanty Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Mitsubishi Evo 9 RS
    Copen 660cc
    I did find a web site once, or maybe someone on here gave me the link
    It's just a barrel with a couple of tubes and a spring with a screw to adjust the air bleed amount
    I'd thought that going all D Sport would mean fit and forget - but that wasn't the case
    I don't know if that means there are other issues it's covering up, but it seems to go well now
    I wrote more on it a while ago - but the overall package gave me a 5s reduction in 0-60 (100) and it uses around 20% less fuel (mine's automatic)
    BTW I had a similar clearance issue with the BOV fouling the engine cover, except in my case the stock plastic one was ok (probably bending a bit) but the D Sport cover needed a few spacers to lift it up 6mm or so
    Regards
    Andy

3. Bemused

Bemused Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    Thanks Andy,
    The website indicates three tubes, I can estimate the sizes from the pipe work that fits on to them, I can also estimate the main cylinder size.
    But the Take off sketch seems to indicate some perforations, three off in the ends of first pair of tubes or maybe radial tube cuts.
    I presume the perforations are to encourage flow out of the tube faster than it can enter but that is a dichotomy.

[​IMG]

I started a thread here
    Take-off Magic Tank

Regards
    Tony