Want to buy 2006 Copen 659cc with some problems

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pejman, Jun 20, 2024.

1. pejman

pejman Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    COPEN
    Hello Everyone
    I Want to buy 2006 Copen 659cc with some problems as below
    1.Turbo is out of order
    2.The roof is not working
    3. A/C not working
    Mileage:160,000
    if you can tell me approximately how much should i spend on this car to fix it i will appreciate it.

2. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    -Turbo will probably cost some £900 or so, then there's gaskets and labour. Probably the most expensive part.
    -Roof, depends on what's wrong exactly. ECU?, Pump?
    -A/C could just be a simple re-gas, if the compressor isn't turning on at all then there's multiple possible causes that would range in price to fix.
    -160,000 sounds like a very big mileage for a copen, unless you mean kilometres then its not so extreme but I would have concerns unless there's some service history, for example, valve clearances (which will result in burnt valves, ask me how I know lol), and timing chain.

It also seems like, at least in the UK, that new parts availability is very low. I've been doing work on my Copen and just about everything had to be imported from Japan which results in high shipping costs.

Also it wouldn't surprise me if a Copen in such condition is so rusted that it wouldn't last another year.

I wouldn't be surprised if it cost the same or more than what the car is selling for to fix everything listed.

Personally, I'd avoid buying that Copen unless it's either really really cheap, or you just REALLY like Copens and are willing to make a financial loss and spend a lot of time fixing it.
    But assuming what you listed really are the only problems (no rust or anything else), then it might be ok to buy for the right price. £1000 - £1500 would be what I'd save up if I'm DIY, but could end up needing more for extra random little bits like tools, random bits that are also worn out that you may find along the way like a clogged PCV valve for example...