Trunk lid not closing manually.

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Csongi, May 1, 2024.

1. Csongi

Csongi Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hi everybody.
    Need some help on this one: roof was operating normally, untill I decide to stop it half way through closing. Than could neither close nor open it electrically. Managed to close the roof manually, but cannot get the trunk lid closed. I followed the steps in the manuals, but cannot get past step 14 (open the trunk lid in the trunk mode - rear opening) the latches just wont let the lid tilt forward. It should be some mechanical issue, but can't get around it. Everything looks OK at visual inspection, nothing bent, broken etc. Struggling with this for 2 days already, can somebody pls give any advice?
    (Power windows working, active top and boot opening buttons not.)
    Thanks for reading this.

2. Nublit

Nublit Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2004 Daihatsu Copen (Manual)
    I would try disconnecting the battery and letting the power drain out of the car. Then reconnecting the battery and trying everything again.

3. Csongi

Csongi Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Thanks for the hint, tried, but did not help. However, managed to get it work electrically. Turns out that it was just me being a newbie and not putting the luggage separator back to its' place
    (Still no idea, however, why the manual trunk closing procedure did not work, why side latches didi not disengage after pulling & turning the blue hooks.)

Nublit likes this.