Sill Repair Panels

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Norman, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Norman

Norman Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Been looking now for over 2 months Globally! There appears to be plenty of reusable Front 1/4 Panels, Doors, Lids Fronts & Rears.

Sills because of the construction with age seem to turn into Biscuits, therefore for all Copen owners a serious issue, however very few folks are talking about it?

Firms are making some replacement parts for Daihatsu models BUT not Copens.... Tried The Brittons, Hepworths, SG Petch, now with no hope I'm still reluctant to scrap my car, anyone out there with any ideas?

Thanks to ALL who take the time & effort to reply .......

2. Norman

Norman Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    For anyone who is having a sill problem I posted on several Forums the same post.

On this "Problems , Fixes & Tips" the issues raised have received no feedback, however a thread of info has emerged on "Wanted" which hopefully may help anyone with sill trouble.

Cheers Norman

3. Shahram Azimi Nobar

Shahram Azimi Nobar Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    I believe rust issues are a common problem for Copen owners. I, too, faced rust problems with my Copen. Last year, I had a rust prevention company apply undercoating to the car's underside, and the entire sill was repainted. Despite these measures, I've noticed minor rust forming, particularly at the corners. I'm considering taking the car to a body repair shop for repainting, but I'd rather not make this an annual, costly endeavour.

In my search for solutions to protect the sills, I've come across two options: Paint Protection Film (PPF) or installing the Cross Stage Copen Side Step available at クロスステージ コペン サイドステップ [CST0020]L880K|TAKE OFF SHOPPING SITE. Unfortunately, they do not offer international shipping. I have sent two inquiries but have not received a response. I believe this product would offer better protection than PPF.