Roof Not Working

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Elsie Wheeler, Jun 4, 2024.

1. Elsie Wheeler

Elsie Wheeler Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen Vivid 0.66
    Hey all,

Got an issue with my roof and boot where they won't function at all, not even sound. The roof light is stating it is in ajar state but everything is closed completely. I have checked all fuses and they are fine, battery is brand new and has been tested. Opened the boot manually, ecu is in perfect condition with no corrosion at all. (Obviously unsure on internal condensation damage but there are no obvious signs that water has got into it.)
    Some background, the car has been sat completely stationary since Jan, which was the last time the boot worked fine. (Roof wasn't tested at that time and hasn't been used in a year.)

I haven't been able to test the microswitches yet but that is next on my list. Theory is though that the ECU needs a full reset (to hopefully avoid replacement) however I can't find anything on how to do this... And I've searched everywhere. Can anyone advise or suggest some other things to check please?

Any help appreciated!! :D

2. Coupon

Coupon Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Cope 1.3 Roadster
    I'm new to the Copen and the forum. Wish I had an answer for you but I'm not clued up yet.
    I'm attempting to read through the entire site to gather knowledge but it doesn't appear to be very active in terms of people answering questions.
    Hope you got it sorted. Just realised you asked the question nearly 6 weeks ago!:eek: