No power to ignition

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Etak, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Etak

Etak Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2005 660cc
    :sweating:
    Newbie here! Been going strong with my beloved copen for a year now - my 2005 660cc went in for mot a few weeks ago and had a stack of welding to be done. All sorted and then as predicted battery had drained. Needed replacing anyway so that was done, but didn't reprogramme immobiliser straight away as was parked up.
    A few days later tried to start and dead copen :( assumed battery had drained again but on testing its full. So seems battery isn't talking to car? First stop is fuse (would appreciate any pointers on where to find!)
    After that I dread to think.... especially if it involves the cobra :wasntme:
    Any advice greatly appreciated!
    Worried copen mama

2. Suzette

Suzette Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Elise, Copen, VRS, GT6
    Use the wiring diagram from the workshop manual (in the resources section) to find the issue. I imagine you will need to find an auto electrician to help you. My car doesn't have the cobra alarm so I don't know how that is integrated.

3. arman

arman Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    DAIHATSU copen , toyota supra mk4 , toyota supra mk5
    ive had starting issues since june with mine, went away for respray and his turbo kit to be installed , soon as i got it back it wouldn't start unless i disconnected the battery for 15 mins, and I've still not managed to find out what's wrong