New key required

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Crumpledbackpanel, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Crumpledbackpanel

Crumpledbackpanel Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Turbo Copen
    I kneed my key while it was in the ignition. It didn't snap but it's weakened. I have found replacement transponder keys online. Please advise on how to set one up.

I have used the search function. Too muany results appeared to make sense of so I've made a new thread.

Thanks

Crumpled.

2. MidlifeCrisis

MidlifeCrisis Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 2003
    Howdy..not tech savvy when working online...so I can't give you the exact post and credit the original poster...who was called Andreas...
    However, this was the text from the post:
    1: remove the key from the igniton
    2: remove the negative battery terminal
    3: close all the doors, and replace the negative lea on the terminal.
    4: within 15 seconds, press and hold both buttons on the transmitted simultaneously for at least 5 seconds. The doors will lock/unlock for confirmation
    5: within 5 seconds after confirmation, press and hold both buttons on the transmitter again for at least one second.
    6: the doors will lock and unlock again for confirmation.
    7: 2 transmitters can be registered. To,register another one, go to step 3 again.

3. threepot

threepot Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, Hijet, Celica, and Yaris!
    ^^^ those are instruction are only for the remote central locking thread.

If you want to add a new transponder ID number (the RF chip in the key which disables the immobiliser) to the little black immobiliser box under the dash - its about 2"x2"x1" with a metal bracket held on with 1 10mm bolt.

You either need to use some diagnostic tool that is capable of doing this function - I used SKP900 in the Toyota section which worked one a long time ago, I think some Launch tools and Autel tools do it. And definitely the Denso DT2 does it with the Daihatsu CF Card installed as I have messed around in that section of the tool looking at number of keys and how to delete keys.

If you have no special equipment, there is a 8 pin DIP EEPROM soldered inside the immobiliser box. If you unsolder the chip you can add the RF ID number to the eeprom data manually really easily. Is is exactly the same as all the other Toyota format key/immo box eeproms from about 1997 till 2008. You can use a cheapo "Zedbull" to read the key ID number you want to add, if you read your working key you will spot the hex value in the data really obviously there.

4. threepot

threepot Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, Hijet, Celica, and Yaris!
    This box under the dash has the eeprom circled in blue.
    Read the data from this eeprom with cheap eeprom reader/writer.
    You read the key with zedbull etc, which give you the 4C Transponder in Titis format -e.g.
    "7EC227FB0A00000000C9A07E00" and you just insert the C2 27 FB 0A bytes into the file

Attached Files: