Need a new actuator, where to find?

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Cooper, Aug 24, 2024.

1. Cooper

Cooper Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    '06 Daihatsu Copen
    '87 Toyota Starlet
    Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum so if there are any formatting issues, I do apologize.
    I sent my Copen to the shops last week for some regular maintenance, oil change, new brake pads, etc. I went to pick it up yesterday and when i left town and wanted to accelerate I noticed there wasn't any power at all.

I stopped after going on the highway for a bit, i could barely reach 100kph. Called road assist and after some diagnosis he told me the actuator isn't working anymore. English isn't my first language, especially not when it comes to car parts and the like, but am I right in saying an actuator is also called a wastegate?

Either way, I'm now looking for a new actuator but nothing really shows up when I google it. I do find one for a Daihatsu Move L902S. I searched up what engine it has and the Move did get offered with the JBDET, which is the same engine as in the Copen. I just don't know if the actuator on that website is from a JBDET engine or not, it doesn't say that anywhere.

Is there a place you might now where i can order one? Or maybe you have one laying around? Also is the fix something I can do myself, it looks pretty reachable to do yourself. I'd love to get some help in finding a new actuator. Thanks.

2. Shahram Azimi Nobar

Shahram Azimi Nobar Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi Cooper,

You might want to try contacting former Daihatsu dealers in the Netherlands through this website:
    Daihatsu - Japanse topkwaliteit - Onze dealers

They should be able to help you with the part number, and with a bit of luck, they might even be able to order it for you.