Halfway ECU - how to use? Comparison with DSport, immobiliser issues

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by shveya, Apr 19, 2021.

1. shveya

shveya Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2003 Copen L880K
    2002 Daihatsu YRV TurboR
    Hello, bought L880K Copen and already thinking of little power improvement. AFAIK DSport ECU is intended for simple replacement of stock ECU, and no additional operations are needed.
    Due to quite high price of this product, i've found that there are some alternatives from PALSport, Half-Way.
    Found halfway ecu in the aftermarket, but compiling different info from over the internet i cannot understand, will it work by simple plug-n-play? Or some additional tuning and ecu configuration should be done via special software?

Also, i don't understand how ecu changing matches with immobilliser system. As far as i understand, immobiliser will be disabled at all in tuning ECU (for example, dsport one), or you should somehow write your key info to ECU? Is there some standard procedure for this? For example, if some owner have lost his key, what should he do?

Moreover, i found some reviews that guys with this ECU've written, they say about not so sharp turbo kick-in like DSport one provides (at 3000 rpm) but better overall torque and better pulling in from low revs (around 2600), and they refer to it like good solution for typical city driving.

Does anyone have experience with Halfway / others non D-Sport ECUs?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021