Crashed copen

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by katie ellis, Jan 17, 2023.

Tags:
  1. katie ellis

katie ellis Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Dihatsu Copen, Ford fiesta
    Hello a few months ago I bought a gorgeous little white copen. For a long time it was an absolute dream. I was loving driving around. Until last night I crashed. I don't want it to be a write off. I need parts and some idea what to do.

While going round a bend it slipped on ice and soun a few times before ending up there. The police drove it away And said something wasn't right with it. Haven't recovered it yet but trying to this morning.

Attached Files:

2. BrianK

BrianK Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Sorry I can't offer you any constructive advice. Just hope that you're okay, and that the car can be restored to its former glory.

3. YAK

YAK Copenworld Newbie

Have a look at the Facebook Diahatsu Copen U.K. page and message John Britton, he knows a thing or two about Copens

4. Hxannaxh

Hxannaxh Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    if you go onto facebook an go onto "Daihatsu Copen UK parts and international" theres a lot of helpful people there.
    Do you own a jack? try jacking up the rear to get photos underneath aswell means theres more chance of getting the right bits for yourself.
    ebay is also a good source for parts.
    Wishing you all the best!

5. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    from those photos you will need bumper, wheel arch lining, tail light, turn signal, and maybe rear quarter panel if it cant be straightened out. the boot may have become misaligned
    I would also check rear alignment and rear suspension in general.

the facebook group already mentioned will be a good place to look also Hepworth Motor co has helped me get parts including from Japan
    Parts like the rear quarter panel aren't stocked in the uk by the looks of it and those cost £300something (+vat and shipping) and the part number for the left is 60162-97201-000