Boot Closure

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Nimbus, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Nimbus

Nimbus Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    I opened the boot today using the key fob but then I couldn't get it to close, I checked the 30 amp fuse (number 1 on page 13-12 of the manual) by swapping it with fuse number 6 and that appears to be OK. When I try to close the boot there is not the usual electrical whirring noise which is heard when it engages. I have had long-standing problems of water getting into the boot so perhaps that might have something to do with it.

Does any owner in the West Midlands area know of a garage which they could suggest for these and any other Copen-specific problems please.

David.

2. Hannah williams

Hannah williams Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen
    Hi! I've noticed a lot of people have unresolved boot issues in which people have not found a solution for. In my case a plastic cog had broken (probably fair wear and tear because it's an 03 model). I will provide pictures. It's located within the boot latch system itself. Have not received the part yet to be able to fix it but I hope this helps! I have had to open my boot manually for quite sometime now and as a result the roof will not open. 20190317_145343.jpg 20190317_145411.jpg

Attached Files: