Boost pressure sensor location

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Richard Elliot, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Richard Elliot

Richard Elliot Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi all,

Could anybody tell me where the boost pressure sensor is located? I had a quick nosey around earlier but couldn't work it out.
    A photo would prove very helpful.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Rich

2. GuzziMan

GuzziMan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Mitsubishi Shogun, 659cc Copen, 350 Z
    Hi Rich

Please see photo, info in ‘service manual 9842’ page B8-8 & page B8-145 part no is 25860-97205 and other number 136200-2960, 12 volt Denso turbo boost pressure sensor. If you take it out, do not rub it clean but use a carb cleaner spray as a wash with a fine Natural hair paint brush as the sensors are very sensitive and can be upset by hard cleaning or finger touch. These are the standard parts from Japan when the car was built. Chinese copy parts my not engage with the ECU quite as well. That’s only my opinion. upload_2022-9-29_11-7-39.png Copen turbo boost pressure sensor - Copy.png

3. Suzette

Suzette Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Elise, Copen, VRS, GT6
    Sorry, no that is not the MAP/Boost sensor, that is the boost control valve, the Map sensor is located just above that on the left of the inlet manifold.

4. Richard Elliot

Richard Elliot Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi,

Many thanks for the replies. I had a good look at the engine when I posted the question and eventually discovered the sensor I was looking for was not there anyway. Or not quite as I was expecting. I was just hoping somebody could confirm my assumptions. So I am grateful for your replies Guzziman and Suzette.

Basically I was looking to get my 660cc Copen tuned but could not find anybody in this country who had knowledge of the engine or had a potential map for this particular ECU.
    Anyway, I ended up purchased a tuning box which the company stated was for this model car and would definitely work. And at the price they were charging I certainly expected it to work.
    But in the end it didn't work out so it has been returned.
    Oh well.

I guess I will just have to find another method of slightly tweaking the performance. Maybe air filters and exhaust mods might be my next option.

Thanks again though